An NMX Session Presented by Blogger and Entrepreneur Erica Douglass
You must be logged in to view this session.
In this session, Erica Douglass, who sold her business for $1.1 million at the age of 26, talks about how to market to your email list without alienating your community. She shares seven rules for pitching success and a proven template for pitching to your people.
To access this session and all related material, you must be logged in.
or log in if you’re already a member!
Rules for Pitching Success:
- Have a clear, concise call to action.
- Include at least three links to buy – one within the first 200 words.
- Never apologize for pitching a product. The product you are pitching is a bargain if it brings joy to your audience’s lives.
- What’s more expensive than whatever you have? Talk about that first.
- Eliminate potential negotiation points by making readers feel like they are getting a special deal.
- Always include a deadline (when price goes up or when your stop offering an additional freebie).
- Follow up with your readers at least once (and preferably twice).
Proven Template for Pitching Success:
- Start with a great subject line.
- Put yourself in your readers’ shoes. Acknowledge where your readers are and what their pain points are.
- Show proof that whatever you’re pitching has worked for you or someone else.
- Explain clearly who this product is for…and not for.
- Overcome common objections.
- Offer proof that it works.
- Offer your bonus.
- Close out your pitch with a P.S. that restates the offer.
- Pitch early and often.
- Pick products that convert – that you can really see you or your audience buying.
- Read other pitches. Make notes of what makes you want to buy – and what turns you off.
- Pitch products you genuinely believe will help readers.
About Erica Douglass:
At the age of 26, Erica sold her online business for $1.1 million. Today, she runs her blog at Erica.biz, where she teaches others how to grow their businesses online.
Connect with Erica: Twitter
Read More about Making Money Online: